Two Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an additional level of security to access your account. Once it has been enabled from your settings, you will receive a text message to your mobile phone whenever you log in. You will need to provide the code sent to you to access your account once 2FA is enabled.
How to set up 2FA:
- You must be logged in to your Veem Account to enable 2FA. Select 'Log in' on the top right corner and enter your account details to continue.
- Once you have logged in to your Dashboard, click your business name in the top right corner to navigate to the Settings page.
- From your Settings page, select 'Users' from the horizontal menu on the top of your screen.
- Under 'Access Settings', select 'Require 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) for all users'.
- After you've clicked 'Require 2FA', a blue link will appear that says 'Set up 2FA for your account'. Click this link to continue setting up 2FA.
- Enter the country dial code and phone number for the device you will be using for 2FA. Select 'Next'.
- You will receive a SMS text message to the number you provided. Enter the Veem login code in the box, then select 'Next'.
Congratulations, you've set up Two Factor Authentication for your Veem account! This extra layer of security helps prevent potential intruders from gaining access to your account or stealing your personal data or identity. You will now need to provide the code sent to your mobile device each time you log in to your Veem account.