The Veem Virtual Card is an online prepaid Credit Card powered by Visa that allows Veems business clients to pay for their online business purchases.
Are there any conditions/qualifications set to be eligible?
To qualify for the card application, the user needs to meet all the criteria listed below:
- The client needs to be based/located in the USA
- The account type needs to be either business or sole proprietorship
- The account needs to be verified.
- The beneficial ownership information on the account needs to be completed.
What happens when an account is ‘Unverified’?
If an account becomes unverified, the client won't be able to apply or reload their card from their wallet until their account has been re-verified. To verify your account again, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the Customer Support team will request this for you.
How long does it take to create the new card?
In most cases, the application will be approved instantly. However, some approvals require manual review which may take 3 business days to complete. Our customer service team will contact the applicant if further documentation is required.
- Once approved the card will appear in the user's Virtual Card dashboard in their Veem Wallet. The user will be able to view the card details and begin using the card online to make purchases.
What can users spend their funds on with this card?
You have the freedom of using the card on most of your online purchases. Veem has no control over what is approved or denied by Marqeta, so Veem’s internal requirements are not applicable to these expenses. Thus, you can pay for any business expenses allowed with a Business Visa card, according to Marqeta’s internal rules.
Will my account information be displayed on the card?
Yes, the following details will be displayed:
- Individual’s name: Only the Primary user’s (Account Owner’s) name will be on the card.
- Business name: The business name of the Veem account will show on the card unless the user is a sole proprietor who does not have a business name.
Why is the option available on a website but not visible on my account?
The Veem Virtual Card will be available for businesses in the USA. This includes Corporations, LLCs, Non-Profits, Partnerships, and Sole Proprietorships. If you feel you fall into this category and do not see your Virtual Card, please contact Customer Support at email@example.com.
Where can I find the Card number and CVV?
You can find your Virtual Card information, including the card number, expiry date, CVV, and name on the card by going to Veem Wallet > Virtual card. The name on the card and the expiry date will be already visible. If you want to view the full card number or the CVV, you’ll need to click the eye icon next to them.
Are the card details viewable by all users on the account?
The card number and CVV can only be viewed either by the Account Owner or users with ‘access to settings’ and ‘payment creator’ permissions.
How can I change the name on the card?
When creating your card you will be shown the Business and Individual names that will appear on your card. If these details are incorrect, please go to your Settings > Accounts section and update the incorrect information before creating your card. Once correct, you can then create your Virtual Card.Once the card is created the information on it can not be changed/updated.
- Click here to learn how to update your business name.
- Click here to learn how to update your first and last name (individual name).
Can I dispute a charge or file a chargeback?
Yes, you can! In the Virtual Card’s Transactions section, click on the details of the transaction and the email address and phone number to contact Veem’s Customer Success team who will then coordinate the dispute with Marqeta.
Can I get a refund if I paid the wrong person?
Unfortunately, once funds are spent off the Virtual Card there is no way to reverse those funds back. We strongly suggest that the client reach out to the recipient directly to arrange a refund.
Can I lock or cancel my Virtual Card?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the Customer Support team will request this for you. More feature updates coming soon.
- Locking the card will not close any existing transactions (e.g. recurring payments/subscriptions, etc.). However, any new transactions submitted after the card is locked will not be processed.
- Once the card is canceled, it will cease to exist and no new transactions will be possible. This includes recurring payments/subscriptions. Your transaction history for this card will remain in your transactions list.
What happens to my Card balance if I cancel my card?
Once the card is canceled, if there was any remaining balance on it, it will be returned to your Veem Wallet.
Someone used my card without my knowledge, how can I change the card number?
If you would like to change your card number, you’ll need to cancel your current card. Please contact email@example.com, so that they can request this on your behalf. If you have a balance on your card, once it’s canceled, it will return to your wallet. Once your card has been canceled, you can then request for a new card, with a new card number.
Where can I see the transaction history?
The transactions linked to the card can be found by going to Veem Wallet > Virtual card section. There, you'll find the transaction list as well as an option to export a transaction report.
NOTE: Only Account Owners, Access to Settings and Payment Creator users will be able to apply for the card see the card details, the card transaction history, and use any other features associated/listed in the Virtual Card tab.
Click here to learn how you can update the user(s) permissions settings on the account.
Click here to learn how you can apply/create your virtual card.
Click here to learn how you add funds to your virtual card.
Need more help? You can chat or call our Customer Success team here.